The Kirkie Krew

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Last Term for 2006

Well school holidays are over and Gregg and Susan have gone back to Dubbo. Everything is back to normal, and I am left sitting here missing the company. Hollie and I have been keeping busy, but I really miss the kids being home. I really do love school holidays.

While Gregg and susan were here we went and visited Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo.
Here is a picture of Hollie and I patting a croc. We had a ball, although I must admit that I shed a few tears during a dedication to Steve at the crocasium..



This one is of Jorja and Jesse, also at Australia Zoo. Hollie wouldn't go near the fake crocodile, she just liked the little real one.



Benn and I are seriously looking at buying a 30 acre block near Woodford (about 40km south west of Caloundra). We would have to build a home on the block, and do fences etc, but it is affordable, and it the lifestyle we are looking for. We just dont want to sell our home, one street from the beach, cause in years to come it will be worth a mint. We are at a cross road, and dont know what path to take.

Must go now, a friend has just dropped over for coffee
Love and acreage living
Amie

4 Comments:

At 1:14 AM, Blogger Jes said...

Hi Amie,
I agree with Chrissie about the house near the beach!

Cant you borrow on your house, buy your block and build, then rent the house out?

I know you have probably thought of that LOL.

Love and 'decisions'
Jes

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Hayley said...

OMG look how big Hollie is! I haven't seen a photo of her for AGES so it really stands out - a real little lady...

The rest of you are all looking wunnerful, as well.

Can't wait to get back up there and visit you all, oh, and Australia Zoo too. Last time we were there the crocoseum was only just being built! I'm sure it's just hi-uge now.

Maybe you could rent out your beachside (nearly) house to your dry old country cousins in monthly blocks throughout the year? Put me down for one! I'm there!

Hope it all works out and you get yr new block all happening...more room to house all of us McClures when we come up to visit. LOL

xxx's

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hi Aims,
Great piccies! Your kids are gorgeous, can't wait to meet them again! And for the kids to meet each other too.
You can't beat the land lifestyle hey! I can see why you're torn about your beach house, wouldn't it be great if we all had the money to have a few houses, one for each season??
Scott & I just went for a cruise around 'rural Dubbo' and the acerage is fabulous, and not too far from town!
Oh, and building and establishing gardens can be so much fun!
Good luck you two....

Love Jen

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger The Candid Bandit said...

Decisions - decisions.

I dont envy you both. That's a hard one. Although I do agree with renting out the beach house.

So... how ~you~ doin?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home